In celebration of Canada’s 150th birthday, I am going to write 150 brand new stories for my Summer Story Challenge 2017. We have a beautiful country from coast to coast with beautiful hearts and minds. I want to give back to Canada by what it has given me, life, freedom, choice and dignity. I am proud to be Canadian and I want Canada to be proud of my accomplishments this summer. The Summer Story Challenge will start on the first day of summer, which is June 20, 2017. Details of the challenge are listed below.
- I have a brand new group of characters that I will be writing about. They are going to be part of the Fresh Veggie family of characters that I will be creating. The Fresh Veggie Family will consist of Cameron Cauliflower, Christopher Corn, Calvin Carrot, Olive and Oliver Onion and Mrs. Tomato. I will write 50 stories based on the Fresh Veggie family of characters.
- I will write 50 stories based on a new character, Beatrice Bee. Beatrice is going to visit many of my already existing characters and do what bees do best, drive everyone crazy.
- I will write 50 stories based on my existing Storyland characters.
LIST OF SUMMER STORY CHALLENGE STORIES 2017
- September 21, 2017 – Wow! I actually finished the Summer Story Challenge 2017 on time!!! There are now 150 brand new summer stories on the Storyland website. I am happy this challenge is over. It was a lot of work but I feel good having completed it. This has been a very rough summer for me personally. I am going through a bunch of health issues. There were times I wanted to quit the challenge but that would have been the easy way out. I am glad I persevered and kept going. I do hope that everyone enjoys my stories.
- August 21, 2017 – There are now 100 brand new stories posted for the Summer Story Challenge 2017. I am right on target for this challenge. There is one month left of summer and I have 50 summer stories left to write.
- August 14, 2017 – I now have 90 stories posted for the Summer Story Challenge 2017.
- August 5, 2017 – I am half way through the Summer Story Challenge 2017. 75 brand new summer stories have been posted. 75 more to go!
- August 1, 2017 – I now have 70 stories posted for the Summer Story Challenge 2017.
- July 26, 2017 – I now have 62 stories posted for the Summer Story Challenge 2017.
- July 22, 2017 – I now have 50 stories posted and I have half of the Fresh Veggie Family stories completed for the Summer Story Challenge 2017.
- July 18, 2017 – There are 40 stories posted for the Summer Story Challenge 2017.
- June 28, 2017 – There are now 20 stories posted for the Summer Story Challenge 2017.
- June 5, 2017 – If you notice the name of the character Christopher Corn and think that it does sound a lot like Chris Cornell, you are 100% correct. I have been working on the Fresh Veggie characters just before Chris’ death and because his death has been so hard on me, I have decided to dedicate one of my characters to Chris.
- June 2, 2017 – I have started writing and posting stories for the Summer Story Challenge 2017! I hope you enjoy reading the 150 stories I am writing for this challenge!
- June 2, 2017 – The Father’s Day Story Challenge 2017 is now complete and the Summer Story Challenge 2017 is supposed to begin on June 20, 2017. However, 18 days for not posting any stories to my website is going to drive me insane so I am going to start the Summer Story Challenge 2017 early. I will start posting brand new summer stories very soon.