I created Larry the Lumberjack for my Canadian Trades/Professions Story Challenge. Lumberjacks are a very important part of Canada’s labour market. In Canada, we rely on lumberjacks to provide us with lumber for building our homes, schools and places of business.
I wanted Larry the Lumberjack to be the type of character that cares about his work environment and is also safety conscious. One wrong move for a lumberjack could cause some serious health risks.
Being a lumberjack is hard physical work. You would want to make sure you are in good physical health if you are considering getting into this type of work. You would also have to like working outdoors because that is where you would be spending the bulk of your time.
Larry the Lumberjack is very friendly and he loves nature. He tries to blend in with nature as much as possible instead of trying to destroy it. Lumberjacks do have a tendency to get blamed for ruining forests by cutting down too many trees and making a mess of the forest. However, for the most part, lumberjacks take care of the forest. They will only cut down trees that need to be cut. They will clean up after themselves and most importantly, they will plant new trees in place of the ones they have cut down.
Larry the Lumberjack loves working in the forest. He is one lumberjack that loves nature. He makes sure that he is only taking trees that are diseased or showing signs of damage. He also plants seedlings in place of the trees he takes out.
Pit Questions and Answers
- Which character has a jealous tendency?
– Both of these characters would be too busy with their jobs and their lives to have any jealous tendency.
- Which character have I written about the most?
– I have written about Rancher Girl the most and that is because she is an older Storyland character. Larry the Lumberjack is a brand new character.
- Which character feels like they are treated fairly?
– I would think both these characters feel like they are treated fairly on Storyland. They both have jobs they love.
- Do these two characters like each other?
– I do believe, if these two characters ever met, yes, they would like each other.
- Which character is closer to my heart?
– I do think Rancher Girl is closer to my heart because she does have a tough go of it at times and she handles problems like a trooper, never giving up. I am sure Larry the Lumberjack would be the same way so, we will just have to see.
- How are these characters similar to one another?
– These two characters are similar because they both love working outdoors and they both love nature.
- How are these characters different from one another?
– The difference between these two characters is that Rancher Girl is a female and she does encounter issues that Larry the Lumberjack wouldn’t.
- Will I be writing future stories about these two characters?
To sum up the character pit between Larry the Lumberjack and Rancher Girl, maybe these two characters could get to know each other and who knows, maybe this will turn into a romance between the two.