I created Frank the Fisherman as part of my Canadian Trades/Professions Character Challenge. Commercial fishing is a very important profession in Canada because it adds important foods to our food chain.
So many people love to eat seafood and there are so many forms of it. There is salmon, tuna, sushi and many more. Seafood is so good for us too. There are so many nutritious elements to it, Omega 3 being one of them.
Being a fisherman is very hard work and it is very demanding as well. It pays well when there is a good catch but that doesn’t always happen. It is wise to save some of the money made during the good catches in case of a bad one.
For some, being away on a commercial fishing boat can take its toll. It can get lonely and there are some people that may not be able to deal with the loneliness. It is also physically demanding so you would need to be in very good shape.
Some people do love being out on the open sea with the cold, fresh water splashing on their faces. Some like the danger of being out on that open water day in and day out.
Frank the Fisherman loves the thrill and excitement of the open sea and the wonderment of what the next catch will bring. Being out on the open water is the highlight of Frank’s life. He dreams of it and lives for it.
Frank the Fisherman
Pit Questions and Answers
- Which character has a jealous tendency?
– Neither of these two characters would have a jealous tendency because they both are fisherman and both love what they do for a living.
- Which character have I written about the most?
– I have written about Fishing Kid the most because he has been a Storyland character for a long, long time now.
- Which character feels like they are treated fairly?
– Both these characters would feel like they are both being treated fairly.
- Do these two characters like each other?
– I do believe Frank the Fisherman and Fishing Kid would like each other very much and I think they would both end up trading secrets of their trade to one another.
- Which character is closer to my heart?
– I think Fishing Kid would be closer to my heart and that is only because he has been on Storyland a lot longer.
- How are these characters similar to one another?
– Both of these characters are fishermen by trade and are very hard-working and have careers that involve danger.
- How are these characters different from one another?
– The difference between Frank the Fisherman and Fishing Kid is that Fishing Kid actually owns his own fishing boat.
- Will I be writing future stories about these two characters?
To sum up the character pit between Frank the Fisherman and Fishing Kid, I believe that Fishing Kid may influence Frank the Fisherman to purchase his own fishing boat someday.