I created Nellie the Nurse as part of my Canadian Trades/Professions Character Challenge. Nurses are vital to helping Canada with the deadly coronavirus. Nellie the Nurse is fighting a similar virus in Storyland, coryvirus.
It takes a lot of stamina and hard-work to fight a virus. Nurses are considered essential services. They are part of the frontlines. Nurses are working long hours and are exhausted. They know they still have a long fight ahead of them. They also know they are at risk for contracting this virus so they know it is essential to take extra precautions such as wearing masks and gloves.
We, as Canadians, need to show our respect to nurses and other health care professionals during this pandemic. They are risking their lives every single day, to save ours.
Pit Questions and Answers
- Which character has a jealous tendency?
– Both Nellie the Nurse and Paula the Paramedic are professionals and as such, they must behave in a professional manner at all times. Therefore, neither of these two characters would have a jealous tendency.
- Which character have I written about the most?
– I have written about these two characters the same as they are both new characters to Storyland.
- Which character feels like they are treated fairly?
– Right at the moment, I think both of these characters would feel like they are worn out and exhausted as they care for Storyland characters who become ill with the nasty coryvirus.
- Do these two characters like each other?
– I do believe Nellie the Nurse and Paula the Paramedic would get along very well together.
- Which character is closer to my heart?
– I think Nellie the Nurse is closer to my heart because if I were in the hospital, she would be the one I would see the most.
- How are these characters similar to one another?
– Both of these characters are similar because they are both medical professionals.
- How are these characters different from one another?
– The difference between Nellie the Nurse and Paula the Paramedic is that Nellie the Nurse would be more hands-on any of her patients. Paula the Paramedic would only see her patients the one time.
- How do these two characters feel about being Canadian?
– Being Canadian is very important to both of these characters because they both have strong Canadian values that we all love and appreciate.
- How important is family to these two characters?
– Nellie the Nurse knows that she has to put her family on the back-burner until this coryvirus crisis is over but she has promised her daughter, Danielle and her husband, that she will make it up to them. Paula the Paramedic is in the same boat with her two sons.
- Will I be writing future stories about these two characters?
To sum up the character pit between Nellie the Nurse and Paula the Paramedic, these two are very strong characters and will go a long way to helping keep Storyland characters safe.