I created Paula the Paramedic as part of my Canadian Trades/Professions Character Challenge. In Canada, we depend on paramedics to help us when we are sick or we are in an emergency situation.
Being a paramedic can be a very rewarding career for someone who has a lot of compassion and cares a lot about people. A paramedic’s job would be very demanding both physically and mentally. There are times a paramedic will see some very difficult things but they must persevere if they are going to help the person in need. They must know how to deal with a crisis situation.
Part of what attracted Paula the Paramedic to pursue this career is that she would be frontline with the patients that she cares for. Her responsibilities include assessing the patient and then determining whether they need further treatment. If further treatment is needed, the patient is transported to a hospital.
Pit Questions and Answers
- Which character has a jealous tendency?
– Both Paula the Paramedic and Dollie the Doctor are professionals and as such, they must behave in a professional manner at all times. Therefore, neither of these two characters would have a jealous tendency.
- Which character have I written about the most?
– I have written about Dollie the Doctor the most and that is because I created her about a month or so ago.
- Which character feels like they are treated fairly?
– Both of these characters are treated fairly in Storyland. Paula the Paramedic and Dollie the Doctor would see things that none of us would ever want to see so, there may be difficult issues that they may have to deal with.
- Do these two characters like each other?
– I do believe Paula the Paramedic and Dollie the Doctor would get along very well together.
- Which character is closer to my heart?
– I think Paula the Paramedic is closer to my heart because I love how she turned out when I drew her.
- How are these characters similar to one another?
– Both of these characters are similar because they are both medical professionals.
- How are these characters different from one another?
– The difference between Paula the Paramedic and Dollie the Doctor is that Paula the Paramedic does get the opportunity to see patients in their own environment and she may pick up on some clues to what is really going on with a patient. Dollie the Doctor would only see her patients in her clinic.
- How do these two characters feel about being Canadian?
– Being Canadian is very important to both of these characters because they were able to pursue the career of their choosing.
- How important is family to these two characters?
– Paula the Paramedic has two young sons and they mean the world to her. One reason she became a paramedic is so her two sons would be proud of what she does. Dollie the Doctor soaks herself into work so she does not have a family and because she is so busy, she does not miss not getting married or having children.
- Will I be writing future stories about these two characters?
To sum up the character pit between Paula the Paramedic and Dollie the Doctor, I think both of these two characters could end up doing a lot of good work to help the Storyland characters stay healthy.