I created Gabby the Gardner as part of my Canadian Trades/Professions Character Challenge. Gardeners are a very important part of our food industry because they provide fresh produce to their customers.
I feel Gabby the Gardener is important because she shows that all her hard work and many, many hours that she puts in, pays off. Gabby is a small business owner and prides herself in her work. She loves flowers and growing her vegetables. It is something she is proud of because what she grows, is all done by her own bare hands.
Pit Questions and Answers
- Which character has a jealous tendency?
– I don’t think either Gabby the Gardener or Florence the Florist would have a jealous tendency toward each other.
- Which character have I written about the most?
– Both of these characters are new characters so I have written about them the same amount.
- Which character feels like they are treated fairly?
– Both Gabby and Florence feel like they are being treated fairly. They both own their own businesses.
- Do these two characters like each other?
– I do think Gabby and Florence would get along very well together.
- Which character is closer to my heart?
– I think Gabby the Gardener is closer to my heart because I really like how she turned out when I drew her.
- How are these characters similar to one another?
– These two characters are similar because they both own their own small business.
- How are these characters different from one another?
– These two characters are different in that Gabby works with more than just flowers.
- How do these two characters feel about being Canadian?
– Both of these two characters love the fact they are Canadian. Gabby is extremely happy because she is able to supplement the little bit of money her husband left behind when he passed away, by running a small business and doing something she loves to do. Florence the Florist loves the fact that she can do what she loves to do, and that working with flowers.
- How important is family to these two characters?
– To both of these characters, their businesses are their families. Gabby is a widow and Florence has never been married.
- Will I be writing future stories about these two characters?
To sum up the character pit between Gabby the Gardener and Florence the Florist, both of these characters are going to show that women owning small businesses can be very successful.