Springman – Character Insight
I created Springman as a new spring character for Storyland. Springman is made from a rusted old spring. His mother spent a lot of time cleaning him up. Springman is terrified of rain because he doesn’t want to get rusty again.
It is Springman’s fear of rain that has made him a mommy’s boy. His mother tries her best to protect him but she does tend to go overboard. She keeps reminding Springman of the day she had to clean off him and how she never wants to do that again.
Mother also informs Springman if she sees a single gray cloud in the sky. Springman probably wouldn’t be so
afraid of rain if it weren’t for his mother. She has him terrified of it.
Springman’s father, on the other hand, tries to toughen him up. He tries to expose Springman to all kinds of different weather conditions. He sees what mother has done and he tries to put a stop to it.
Sometimes mothers can be over-protective of their children and they don’t realize the effect this could have on them. Children do have to experience things in life that aren’t necessarily good. However, it is all in how a child deals with these experiences that will define how a child grows up and what kind of person that child will be.
Don’t get me wrong, there are experiences in life every mother wants to protect their child from. However, there are those mothers that do go way overboard, and Springman’s mother is one of them.
Pit Questions and Answers
- Which character has a jealous tendency?
– I think Springman would have the jealous tendency because he has to abide by rules set by his parents. Mr. Nailhead does not know who his parents are, so he does not have to abide by any of their rules.
- Which character have I written about the most?
– I have written about Mr. Nailhead the most because Springman is a brand new character.
- Which character feels like they are treated fairly?
– I would think Springman doesn’t think he is being treated fairly because he does tend to get confused about the fact his mother is so over-protective of him.
- Do these two characters like each other?
– I do think Springman and Mr. Nailhead would get along great together and I also think it may be fun to do some stories about the two of them together.
- Which character is closer to my heart?
– I think Springman is closer to my heart because I really like the way he looks. His red hat really stands out.
- Will I be writing future stories about these two characters?
To sum up the character pit between Springman and Mr. Nailhead, I think that if Springman met Mr. Nailhead, it might open his eyes to see how other characters are supposed to be. This could question Springman’s thoughts of his mother being so over-protective and might get him thinking that maybe her being so over-protective isn’t such a good idea.