I created Scott the School Teacher as part of my Canadian Trades/Professions Character Challenge. School teachers are vital here in Canada because they can shape and mold how students learn and that can determine the students success in the future.
I created Scott the School Teacher in memory of a school teacher I had in high school that died suddenly. I will always remember him and I will never forget his encouraging words on my writing. He was very kind.
I hope Scott can bring this type of kindness to the characters in Storyland. I hope this kindness will encourage the students to focus on learning and do good in life because of it.
Pit Questions and Answers
- Which character has a jealous tendency?
– I don’t think either of these two characters would have a jealous tendency. They both have careers that are very rewarding.
- Which character have I written about the most?
– Both of these characters are new characters so I have written about them the same amount.
- Which character feels like they are treated fairly?
– Hailey the Hairdresser would be the character that feels like she is being treated fairly because she owns her own business in Storyland.
- Do these two characters like each other?
– I do think Scott the School Teacher and Hailey the Hairdresser would like each other.
- Which character is closer to my heart?
– I think Scott the School Teacher is closer to my heart and that is because of the fact that I dedicated this character to a school teacher I had in high school that died suddenly.
- How are these characters similar to one another?
– These two characters are similar because they are both passionate about their careers and want to succeed in life.
- How are these characters different from one another?
– These two characters are different in that Scott the School Teacher would be under more pressure than Hailey the Hairdresser because he deals with children day in and day out.
- How do these two characters feel about being Canadian?
– Both of these two characters love the fact they are Canadian. Scott the School Teacher loves that he can teach all about Canada and our ways of life. Hailey the Hairdresser loves the fact that she is able to own her own business in Canada.
- How important is family to these two characters?
– Family means everything to these two characters. Scott the School Teacher is married to Sally and they have twin boys, Joey and Jesse. Hailey the Hairdresser is married to her high school sweetheart, Bernie and they have a daughter, Vanessa.
- Will I be writing future stories about these two characters?
To sum up the character pit between Scott the School Teacher and Hailey the Hairdresser, these two characters are going to bring their passion for their careers to Storyland.