I created Pancake Man as part of the Canada Day Story Challenge 2020.
I wanted to create a true symbol of Canada, a character that everyone can relate to as being Canadian. What I didn’t want to do is create the same old symbols. I wanted to create something unique.
I am hoping that Pancake Man will bring his friendly and outgoing characteristics to Storyland and that he can help others see how well Canadians do get along very well together.
Pit Questions and Answers
- Which character has a jealous tendency?
– Peanut may have a jealous tendency because Pancake Man always gets covered in maple syrup. Who wouldn’t love to be covered in that delicious golden syrup?
- Which character have I written about the most?
– I have written about Peanut the most. I created him two years ago. Pancake Man is a brand new character on Storyland.
- Which character feels like they are treated fairly?
– Pancake Man would be the character that feels like they are being treated fairly. He has a pretty easy life, going around and seeing how Storyland characters spend their days in Canada. Peanut on the other hand has had to survive on his own since he fell off a delivery truck in the middle of nowhere.
- Do these two characters like each other?
– I am not entirely sure that Pancake Man and Peanut would get along all that well. I have never heard of putting peanut butter on a pancake.
- Which character is closer to my heart?
– I think Pancake Man is closer to my heart and that is because he symbolizes Canada.
- How are these characters similar to one another?
– These two characters are similar to one another because they are both food items.
- How are these characters different from one another?
– The main difference between these two characters is that Pancake Man seems to have a true purpose in Storyland, whereas, Peanut does not.
- How do these two characters feel about being Canadian?
– Both of these two characters love the fact they are Canadian. Pancake Man, smothered in maple syrup is a true symbol of Canada so he feels more Canadian than anyone. Peanut loves the fact that he is Canadian and that he has the freedom to do as he pleases.
- How important is family to these two characters?
– Neither of these two characters have any family but if they did, family would be very important to them.
- Will I be writing future stories about these two characters?
To sum up the character pit between Pancake Man and Peanut, these two characters bring a sense of uniqueness to Storyland.