I created my new character, Larry Leaper because I didn’t have a Leap Year character on my Storyland website yet.
Larry Leaper was born on February 29. His two daughters, Pamela, aged 8, and Samantha, aged 4, were as well.
Every four years, we have an extra day, February 29 added to our calendars. The reason for this is because the Earth rotates around the sun every 365.2422 days. Instead of having an extra quarter of a day per year we wait and add a full day to our calendar every four years. That extra day is February 29.
To celebrate Leap Year, Larry Leaper and his two leaflings, Pamela and Samantha, celebrate their birthdays by leaping over anything and everything they can find.
Maggie, Larry Leapers wife, has to make sure her family stays safe when they do their leaping. She will often laugh at their antics and the fact that Larry, Pamela and Samantha share the same birthday and that birthday just happens to be a Leap Year day but, she doesn’t laugh too hard. Her birthday is on April Fools Day.
Pit Questions and Answers
- Which character has a jealous tendency?
– Neither one of the characters would have a jealous tendency because they both have their birthday’s on strange days. Larry Leaper’s birthday is on Leap Year day, which is February 29 and Jackie Jester’s birthday is on April Fool’s Day, which is April 1.
- Which character have I written about the most?
– I have written about Jackie Jester the most because he is an older character on Storyland.
- Which character feels like they are treated fairly?
– I think both of these characters would feel like they are being treated fairly.
- Do these two characters like each other?
– Larry Leaper’s wife, Maggie shares the same birthday as Jackie Jester so I do believe Larry Leaper and Jackie Jester would like each other.
- Which character is closer to my heart?
– I do think Larry Leaper is closer to my heart and that is because I really like how he turned out when I drew him.
- How are these characters similar to one another?
– These two characters are similar because they both have strange birthdays.
- How are these characters different from one another?
– The difference between these two characters is that Larry Leaper was born on Leap Year day and Jackie Jester was born on April Fool’s Day.
- Will I be writing future stories about these two characters?
To sum up the character pit between Larry Leaper and Jackie Jester, both of these characters add a lot of fun to Storyland. I get to explore what happens when someone does have a strange birthday.