Dollie the Doctor – Character Insight
I created Dollie the Doctor as part of my Canadian Trades/Professions Story Challenge. The reason I chose to create a doctor for this challenge is because doctors are very important in Canada. Doctors take care of us and they make a lot of sacrifices to do so. They often don’t get the recognition or the respect they deserve.
Dollie the Doctor works long hours. She is married to her profession. She doesn’t have much time to socialize but she prefers her life the way it is. She has had her share of heartaches and disappointments.
There are good doctors in Canada but sometimes they can be few and far between. The reason for that is because most doctors nowadays treat their patients like they are an assembly line. They don’t listen to what you have to say. Dollie the Doctor is different. She does take the time to listen and that is why her patients love her. Dollie the Doctor has a thriving medical practise because of that.
There are a lot of demands that are put on our medical professionals each and every single day. They often miss have to skip social engagements or family get-togethers because of an emergency situation. It can also be very stressful being a doctor and for Dollie the Doctor she has it twice as stressful because she is a female. However, Dollie the Doctor takes it all in stride and handles each situation the faces like the professional that she is.
Pit Questions and Answers
- Which character has a jealous tendency?
– Stella is just a young girl, so I don’t see why she would have any jealousy toward Dollie the Doctor. Dollie the Doctor does not have time to be jealous and she also does not have a jealous bone in her body.
- Which character have I written about the most?
– I have written about Stella the most because she is an older character on Storyland. Dollie the Doctor is a brand new character.
- Which character feels like they are treated fairly?
– I think both characters feel like they are being treated fairly. Stella, at times, when she is angry at her brother, Autumn Elf, might feel like she is not being treated fairly but things for her and Autumn Elf do seem to work out in the end.
- Do these two characters like each other?
– I do believe Stella would like Dollie the Doctor because she is very kind and loving to her patients. Dollie the Doctor loves everyone so there is no reason why she wouldn’t love Stella.
- Which character is closer to my heart?
– I think Stella is closer to my heart because even though Dollie the Doctor is kind and loving, I don’t like doctors myself.
- How are these characters similar to one another?
– Both these characters do have a heart of gold and are both kind and loving.
- How are these characters different from one another?
– These characters are different in the fact that Stella is very young and Dollie the Doctor would be in her 50’s.
- Will I be writing future stories about these two characters?
To sum up the character pit between Dollie the Doctor and Stella, I think Stella would love to have a doctor like Dollie the Doctor if she ever had any medical issues. Dollie the Doctor would be so kind to her and maybe, just maybe Stella could convince her brother, Autumn Elf and their elderly friend, Frankton to visit Dollie the Doctor as well.