I created Barry the Banker as part of my Canadian Trades/Professions Character Challenge. Bankers are a very important profession in Canada because they look after our finances.
Barry the Banker is ambitious and intelligent. He has always been interested in finances since he was a young boy. He started investing money himself when he finished high school and loved watching his money grow.
Being a banker is a very rewarding career for the right person. You would have to be good with numbers.
Barry the Banker brings his passion for investing to Storyland. He loves to give advice when he sees someone trying to make a good financial decision. I feel Barry the Banker is important because everyone should try to save and invest money whenever they can. My goal for Barry the Banker is to help show the Storyland characters how important it is to save money for their future.
Pit Questions and Answers
- Which character has a jealous tendency?
– Neither of these characters would have a jealous tendency because they are both doing jobs they love.
- Which character have I written about the most?
– I have written about Frank the Fisherman the most because he has been on Storyland longer than Barry the Banker has.
- Which character feels like they are treated fairly?
– Both these characters would feel like they are being treated fairly because they both love what they do for a living.
- Do these two characters like each other?
– I think Barry the Banker would like Frank the Fisherman very much because he would consider him a business client. Frank the Fisherman would look up to Barry the Banker with respect and he would also trust him with his money, if he was going to ever invest money with him.
- Which character is closer to my heart?
– I really like how both of these two characters turned out when I drew them. However, I think Frank the Fisherman would be closer to my heart because he is an outdoorsman. Bankers stay inside an office or bank all day and they don’t get much fresh air during their work hours.
- How are these characters similar to one another?
– These two characters are similar to one another because they would both be interested in watching an investment grow.
- How are these characters different from one another?
– These two characters are different in that Barry the Banker works in an office/bank all day long whereas Frank the Fisherman works outdoors, on the open sea.
- How do these two characters feel about being Canadian?
– Both of these characters love the fact they are Canadian. They love the fact that they have the opportunity to invest their money and watch it grow.
- How important is family to these two characters?
– Frank the Fisherman doesn’t have any family and that is because of the fact that he works long hours when he is out working on his boat. Barrie the Banker, on the other hand, has a wife, Susan and three children, Barry Jr., Lacey and Stephen, who he adores and would help out in anyway he could.
- Will I be writing future stories about these two characters?
To sum up the character pit between Barry the Banker and Frank the Fisherman, these two characters offer a lot of hard-work and dedication to their chosen careers and therefore would be a good role model to many on Storyland.