When I think of leprechauns, I think of little old men who are mean and nasty. think of them as being full of anger. I think of them as the type that would steal candy from a child and have no regrets about what they have done.
I wanted to create a leprechaun that was fun and happy. I created Lucky Leprechaun. Lucky Leprechaun spreads his happiness throughout Storyland. He is especially happy on St. Patrick’s Day.
We have so much sadness and violence in this world. We do need constant reminders that happiness does exist. Along with fun and happiness, Lucky Leprechaun also spreads good luck. Some people don’t believe in good or bad luck but I have had much too little of one and way too much of the other in my lifetime to know good and bad luck does exist. I can’t change my good or bad luck in real life but in Storyland, I can have Lucky Leprechaun give out as much good luck as he can.
Pit Questions and Answers
- Which character has a jealous tendency?
– I think Angry Leprechaun would be jealous of Lucky Leprechaun and that is because Lucky Leprechaun is happy-go-lucky, unlike Angry Leprechaun, who is angry all the time about every little thing.
- Which character have I written about the most?
– I have written about Lucky Leprechaun the most. He has been around the longest of the two but he is also more fun to write about.
- Which character feels like they are treated fairly?
– I think Lucky Leprechaun would feel he is treated more fairly and that is because he has the “good” qualities.
- Do these two characters like each other?
– I believe Lucky Leprechaun would like Angry Leprechaun but I do not think Angry Leprechaun would like Lucky Leprechaun. The reason I think that is because Angry Leprechaun is angry all the time and does not like anyone.
- Which character is closer to my heart?
– I think Lucky Leprechaun is closer to my heart. The reason I feel that way is because I want Storyland to be a positive, fun and happy place and Lucky Leprechaun definitely does make it like that.
- Will I be writing future stories about these two characters?
To sum up the character pit between Lucky Leprechaun and Angry Leprechaun, I think this world needs more Lucky Leprechauns and a lot less Angry Leprechauns in it. We need to promote happiness and good luck.