I created Travis the Truck Driver as part of my Canadian Trades/Professions Character Challenge. I also created him as a tribute to all the truck drivers around the world that are putting their lives at risk delivering our parcels and freight to us in the midst of this horrible COVID-19 virus that has been plaguing us for the past few months and still is.
I hope that Travis the Truck Driver will help show that even in the midst of a global pandemic, we have strong and dedicated individuals out there that will go above and beyond to make sure we are looked after and cared for.
For anyone that is considering becoming a truck driver, be prepared to work long hours and be away from home for sometimes days or weeks at a time. It can be a very rewarding career for the right person.
By creating Travis the Truck Driver, I hope that truck drivers all over the world will be respected for everything they are doing during this pandemic.
Pit Questions and Answers
- Which character has a jealous tendency?
– Donald the Delivery Driver might have a slight jealous tendency over Travis the Truck Driver because Travis the Truck Driver owns his own truck.
- Which character have I written about the most?
– I have written about Donald the Delivery Driver the most because he has been on Storyland for a few weeks now. Travis the Truck Driver is a brand new character.
- Which character feels like they are treated fairly?
– I think except for the jealous tendency, both of these characters would feel they are being treated fairly on Storyland because they do both love their careers.
- Do these two characters like each other?
– I do believe Travis the Truck Driver and Donald the Delivery Driver would like each other because they do both work in the same profession.
- Which character is closer to my heart?
– I think both of these characters are close to my heart because they are both out their during this virus, just like all the truck drivers worldwide, delivering our supplies, parcels and freight to us.
- How are these characters similar to one another?
– Both of these characters are similar because they both work in the transportation industry.
- How are these characters different from one another?
– The difference between Travis the Truck Driver and Donald the Delivery Driver is that Travis the Truck Driver drives and owns his own transport truck. Donald the Delivery Driver drives a company delivery van for another company.
- How do these two characters feel about being Canadian?
– Being Canadian is what keeps these two characters loyal and dedicated to their professions. They love working in Canada and they are both fairly successful.
- How important is family to these two characters?
– Travis the Truck Driver loves his wife, Doreen but because of his career choice and long hours, they decided to not have any children. Donald the Delivery Driver is also married but he does have two children that he absolutely adores.
- Will I be writing future stories about these two characters?
To sum up the character pit between Travis the Truck Driver and Donald the Delivery Driver both these characters bring devotion and hard-work to their professions and I hope they show others that being devoted to their profession should be rewarding to them.