Harold the Hockey Player – Character Insight
I created Harold the Hockey Player because I grew up with hockey. Hockey is a very important part of many families in Canada.
I never played hockey myself, except for a few games of street hockey with my brother, my uncle and a few neighbourhood kids.
When I was a little girl, I remember being carried out on the ice by Davey Keon at Maple Leaf Gardens in Toronto, Ontario. To this day, I have no idea why I was chosen. I do suspect it had something to do with a rare disability I have, congenital chorea. Whatever the reason was, that day will stay with me forever.
I remember my parents being big hockey fans, more so my mom than my dad. My mother used to watch the Toronto Maple Leaf’s play hockey on television. When my brother was little, my mother used to coach his hockey team.
That is just one hockey story from one hockey family, in our hockey crazed country of Canada and I know there are millions more.
Pit Questions and Answers
- Which character has a jealous tendency?
– Bright Idea might be the jealous one of these two characters because he sees the kind of life Harold the Hockey Player has, lots of fame and fortune. Bright Idea knows he will never have this kind of life.
- Which character have I written about the most?
– I have written about Bright Idea the most because Bright Idea has been on Storyland longer than Harold the Hockey Player.
- Which character feels like they are treated fairly?
– Harold the Hockey Player would feel that he is treated fairly because of the life he has. Bright Idea is very limited to what he can do so, he might not feel that he is being treated fairly.
- Do these two characters like each other?
– I do believe Harold the Hockey Player would like Bright Idea very much. I also think that Bright Idea would like Harold the Hockey Player and could end up thinking of him as a role model.
- Which character is closer to my heart?
– I think Harold the Hockey Player would be closer to my heart because I grew up in a hockey family.
- How are these characters similiar to one another?
– There is no similarity between these two characters except for the way they both treat people. Both these characters are very kind and sincere to people.
- How are these characters different from one another?
– There are a lot of differences between these two characters. Harold the Hockey Player knows what it is like to have money but Bright Idea doesn’t. Harold the Hockey Player is tough and rough, whereas Bright Idea has to be very careful about what he does because he is so fragile.
- Will I be writing future stories about these two characters?
To sum up the character pit between Harold the Hockey Player and Bright Idea, I think if these two characters were to meet each other, Harold the Hockey Player would take Bright Idea under his wing.