I created Clay the Office Cleaner as part of my Canadian Trades/Professions Character Challenge. Cleaners are a very important profession in Canada because they help keep our offices and commercial buildings clean.
Clay the Office Cleaner is responsible and dependable. He has been working as a cleaner for quite a few years now. He was recently promoted to a supervisor. He would like to own his own cleaning company in the near future.
Being an office cleaner is a very rewarding career for the right person. It is for the most part, light duty work. The hours are usually nights and weekends.
Clay the Office Cleaner brings his passion for hard work and his integrity to Storyland. I feel Clay the Office cleaner is an important character for Storyland, especially during the coryvirus pandemic that has recently struck some Storyland characters. It is vital that office buildings are kept clean to stop the spread of this nasty virus. My goal for Clay the Office Cleaner is to help show some respect for the cleaners because without them the coryvirus would just keep spreading.
Pit Questions and Answers
- Which character has a jealous tendency?
– Ollie the Oil Rig Worker may have a jealous tendency over Clay the Office Cleaner because of the downturn in the oil industry. Ollie the Oil Rig Worker does have to worry each and every day that he goes to work, whether or not he has a job to go to.
- Which character have I written about the most?
– Both Clay the Office Cleaner and Ollie the Oil Rig Worker are new characters to Storyland so I have written about them about the same.
- Which character feels like they are treated fairly?
– Clay the Office Cleaner would feel like he is being treated more fairly than Ollie the Oil Rig Worker because he does have work during the coryvirus that has hit Storyland.
- Do these two characters like each other?
– I think Clay the Office Cleaner and Ollie the Oil Rig Worker would find they really have nothing much in common so they would find it hard to like each other.
- Which character is closer to my heart?
– I think Ollie the Oil Rig Worker is closer to my heart because he does work a lot harder than Clay the Office Cleaner would.
- How are these characters similar to one another?
– These two characters are similar to one another because they are both dedicated to the jobs they do.
- How are these characters different from one another?
– These two characters are different in that Clay the Office Cleaner has a more reliable job right now than Ollie the Oil Rig Worker has.
- How do these two characters feel about being Canadian?
– Both of these characters love the fact they are Canadian. They both love the fact that they had a choice when they pursued their chosen careers.
- How important is family to these two characters?
– Ollie the Oil Rig Worker does not have a family of his own quite yet. Clay the Office Cleaner has a wife, Sandra and two children. Family means everything to him and he is trying to open his own cleaning business to serve as a legacy for this children.
- Will I be writing future stories about these two characters?
To sum up the character pit between Clay the Office Cleaner and Ollie the Oil Rig Worker, both of these characters work very hard at the jobs they have and they bring to Storyland a sense of responsibility and integrity.