I created Libby the Lifeguard as part of my Canadian Trades/Professions Character Challenge. Lifeguards are very important in Canada, given that we have tons of lakes and outdoor/indoor pools.
Swimming is a recreational pastime for many Canadians and the job of a lifeguard is to make sure we do it safely. Lifeguards are also there in case we do run into problems. Lifeguards have saved many of us from drowning.
My reason for creating Libby the Lifeguard is to make sure that we follow a lifeguards instructions and to make sure we give lifeguards the respect they deserve.
Pit Questions and Answers
- Which character has a jealous tendency?
– Neither of these two characters would have a jealous tendency. Libby the Lifeguard focuses on important things in her life such as school and her career. Bogart the Boat Salesman owns his own shop so he has no reason to have any jealous feelings.
- Which character have I written about the most?
– Both of these characters are new characters so I have written about them the same amount.
- Which character feels like they are treated fairly?
– Libby the Lifeguard would think she is treated more fairly because she is still very young and has her whole life ahead of her.
- Do these two characters like each other?
– I do think Libby the Lifeguard and Bogart the Boat Salesman would like each other because they both love water and water sports.
- Which character is closer to my heart?
– I think Libby the Lifeguard would be closer to my heart and that is because she is very young and has her whole life ahead of her.
- How are these characters similar to one another?
– These two characters are very similar to one another because they both like water.
- How are these characters different from one another?
– These two characters are different in that Libby the Lifeguard is just starting out with her career and Bogart the Boat Salesman has his career already established.
- How do these two characters feel about being Canadian?
– Both of these two characters love the fact they are Canadian. Libby loves the fact that she can earn good money for her part-time summer job. Bogart loves the fact that he owns his own successful boat sales business.
- How important is family to these two characters?
– Libby the Lifeguard loves her dad. He is the only family she has because her mother abandoned them when she was little. Bogart is single so he does not have any family.
- Will I be writing future stories about these two characters?
To sum up the character pit between Libby the Lifeguard and Bogart the Boat Salesman, both of these characters will add some very interesting situations to our summer.