I created Harvey Hippo, one evening, while doodling on my iPad. I just started drawing, not knowing what would come out of it, if anything. However, a few lines here and a few curves there, Harvey Hippo started to take shape.
A lot of my characters and background scenes start out this way and that is the power of being a digital artist. When I am drawing, I have the ability to turn off the outside world and just let my drawing take over. To me, drawing is a form of therapy. It helps me relax and I get to escape reality, even if it is for a short time.
Harvey Hippo is a very colourful addition to Storyland. He faces some challenges in Storyland because of his size. However, there is not one Storyland character that would bully him and that is because he is suck a joyful character. He is known to spread that joy to any of the Storyland characters that he interacts with.
Pit Questions and Answers
- Which character has a jealous tendency?
– Neither of these two characters would have a jealous tendency because they are both so happy and joyful.
- Which character have I written about the most?
– I have written about Canada Moose the most because he is an older character on Storyland.
- Which character feels like they are treated fairly?
– Both of these characters do have issues due to the fact that they are huge in size so I believe they may, at times, feel like they are treated unfairly and this is because they may not be able to join in on all of the activities that other Storyland characters participate in.
- Do these two characters like each other?
– These two characters would definitely like one another.
- Which character is closer to my heart?
– I actually think that both of these characters are close to my heart and that is because I am very happy with how these two turned out when I drew them.
- How are these characters similar to one another?
– These characters are similar to one another because they are both huge Storyland characters and they both love water.
- How are these characters different from one another?
– The difference between these characters is that Harvey Hippo would have rough, wrinkly skin and Canada Moose would have fur.
- How do these two characters feel about being Canadian?
– Harvey Hippo wouldn’t be native to Canada but he does love Canada because of it’s many lakes, rivers and abundance of food for him to eat. Canada Moose, on the other hand was born and raised in Canada and he is very proud to be called a Canadian.
- How important is family to these two characters?
– Neither of these two characters have any family in Storyland but they do have lots of friends.
- Will I be writing future stories about these two characters?
To sum up the character pit between Harvey Hippo and Canada Moose, both of these characters, despite their massive size, will bring a lot of joy and cheer to Storyland.