I created Rolf the Roofer as part of my Canadian Trades/Professions Character Challenge. Roofing is a very important trade in Canada. Virtually, every building in Canada has some type of roof on it and these all need to be repaired every so often.
Being a roofer can be a very lucrative career for the right person but it does come with it’s dangers. There are safety procedures that need to be adhered to. There is also strict safety equipment that must be used in this profession. This includes a safety helmet, a safety harness and steel-toed boots.
It is also very hot work because you are working in the direct sunlight and you are also working with tar. You do want to make sure you keep hydrated.
I created Rolf the Roofer because I know that it is a tough job working on top of a roof in the hot sun and I hope that by writing stories about being a roofer, others will respect the work a roofer does.
Pit Questions and Answers
- Which character has a jealous tendency?
– Neither of these two characters would have a jealous tendency. Rolf the Roofer is a professional in his trade. He would never stoop low to be jealous of anyone. Barry the Banker is also a professional and he would have no reason to be jealous of anyone.
- Which character have I written about the most?
– Both of these characters are new characters so I have written about them the same amount.
- Which character feels like they are treated fairly?
– Rolf the Roofer, despite having a danger job, does think the he is being treated fairly because he actually enjoys the danger associated with is job. He is a thrill seeker.
- Do these two characters like each other?
– I do think Rolf the Roofer and Barry the Banker would like each other. Maybe Rolf could discuss the financing of building a new home with Barry the Banker and get some good sound financial advice.
- Which character is closer to my heart?
– I think Rolf the Roofer is closer to my heart because he is hard-working and I really like that quality in him.
- How are these characters similar to one another?
– These two characters are very similar to one another because they are both in jobs they love.
- How are these characters different from one another?
– These two characters are different from one another in that Rolf works outdoors and Barry the Banker works indoors.
- How do these two characters feel about being Canadian?
– Both of these two characters love the fact they are Canadian. For Rolf, he loves the fact that he can raise a healthy and happy young family and make enough good money to do so.
- How important is family to these two characters?
– Family means everything to both of these two characters. Rolf is just starting out with his family, while Barry the Banker has children that would be just starting school.
- Will I be writing future stories about these two characters?
To sum up the character pit between Rolf the Roofer and Barry the Banker, both of these characters bring with them the joys of raising children, while working hard in their professions/trades.